1-41 | Federal Land Office
Side A & B | Federal Land Office
Federal Land Office. This log building was constructed in 1801 by David Hoge on the west side of Third Street. It served as his home and was the first Federal land office in that part of the Northwest Territory known as the Seven Ranges. In 1809 it was moved and 12 years later encased in a brick structure where it was discovered in 1940. It has been preserved by the citizens of Jefferson County.
Sponsors: The Ohio Historical Society