1-50 | Judge Turhand Kirtland, 1755-1844
Side A & B | Judge Turhand Kirtland, 1755-1844
Born at Wallingford, Connecticut. Served during the Revolutionary War. Proprietor, Agent, and Surveyor of the Connecticut Land Company. Appointed Judge of Trumbull County by Territorial Governor Arthur St. Clair, 1800. State Senator, Trumbull County, 1815-1816. Poland Justice of the Peace, twenty years. Moderator of St. James Episcopal Church, Boardman, 1809. First Worshipful Master of Erie Lodge No. 47, Warren, 1803, oldest lodge in the Connecticut Western Reserve and one of six lodges to form the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Ohio, 1809. Served his God, his Country, his Fellowman, his Fraternity—Benefactor of this Village Green and Cemetery.
Sponsors: The Thirty-One Lodges of the of the Twenty-Fourth Masonic District--Jefferson, Carroll, Columbiana, and Mahoning Counties, and The Ohio Historical Society
This marker is found at Poland Presbyterian Church. Judge Turhand Kirtland is buried in the cemetery on the church grounds.