7-15 | Thomas J. Malone Bridge /Gaston's Mill
East Liverpool, Ohio

Side A | Thomas J. Malone Bridge

This covered bridge stood in the 1870s over Middle Run, on State Route 154, between Lisbon and Elkton, Elkrun Township. It was converted to a storage shed and moved twice by the Elkrun Township Trustees. Mr. Malone, a covered bridge researcher, found the structure along the Pine Hollow Road and recognized it as a covered bridge. Restoration was completed in 1971.   

Sponsors: Elkrun Township Trustees, Bert Dawson, Jr.: County Engineer, Columbiana County Historical Association, Columbiana County Forests and Parks Council

1973

Side B | Gaston's Mill

Built in 1830 by Samuel Conkle, Gaston's Mill was owned and operated by eight men chief among them was Philander Gaston. The last operator was Levi Hickman. Power for the mill was originally supplied by water, later by steam and gas engines. Operation was discontinued in the late 1920's.

Sponsors: Columbiana County Forests and Parks Council, Columbiana County Historical Association, Columbiana County Commissioners, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, and The Ohio Historical Society

1973

Notes

 This marker is situated in the heart of Beaver Creek’s Pioneer Village. During summer hours the village comes alive: the first Saturday of the month 12-3 p.m.; this includes a lot of demonstrations and history. Visit Friends of Beaver Creek State Park for more information.

SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

1,465 or Bust // page created by Nicole Slaven // 2019 // Wix.com

Gaston's Mill

Source: Friendsofbeavercreekstatepark.org