8-15 | Log House Museum
Side A & B | Log House Museum
Joshua Dixon selected this site in 1805 as the center for Columbiana. The first local post office, established at this museum location in 1809, pioneered free mail delivery in 1837. The museum, an early log home in the village, was moved here and restored in 1975 by community effort for use as a museum and Bicentennial headquarters. The annex was built in 1978.
Sponsors: The Historical Society of Columbiana and Fairfield Township, and The Ohio Historical Society
This marker sits at the center of Columbiana, and the building is operated by the Historical Society of Columbiana and Fairfield Township.